Orkney can be invoked using the following arguments
|show help and usage
|-i <input resource dir>
|--input <input resource
|use input resource directory
(instead of work/resource).
|-l <report dir>
||--log <report dir>
||use log report directory for
plain text and xml logs (instead of work/report).
|-p <text report dir>
||--plain <text report
||use plain text report
directory (instead of work/report/log).
|-t <test dir>
||--test <test dir>
||use test group / case
directory (instead of work/tests).
||show progress during
|-w <work directory>
||--work <work directory>
||use given working directory
(instead of work).
|-x <xml report dir>
||--xml <xml report dir>
||use xml report directory
(instead of work/report/xml).
The simpliest invocation uses the working directory option "-w" to
start Orkney. In this case the following directories are supposed to
exist below this working directory:
Orkney will create the following directories on test execution:
- tests - the directory with test groups and YAML test cases
- input - the directory with all test data read by the test
For every Orkney input and output directory an own option exists to
overwrite the default location and use a specific location instead.
Have a look to the options table above to understand each of them.
- output - all output files that are created by logging steps in
order to log data to files
- report - the Orkney report directory with two sub directories
- report/log - the directory with text report files
- report/xml - the directory with XML report files
Orkney Exit Values
The program will exit using the following values
0: all tests successful
1: parsing errors
2: help screen
3: at least one test failed